Putting gutter protection on your home will save you a lot of unnecessary work.
But before you jump into it, thinking that all gutter protection works equally, here’s a list of DO’s and DON’Ts for you.
- Look for a gutter protection that will meet your needs.
- Work with a sales professional who offers different types of gutter protection.
- Consider your roof pitch and match it to a product that will work.
- Consider your climate. Will your new gutter protection create more problems than it’s worth?
- Buy from any company that says one gutter protection will solve any problem.
- Assume that all gutter protection is the same.
- Buy entirely because one product has a great sales story over another product.
- Make your decision entirely on price.
- Attempt to install your gutter protection yourself unless you are comfortable with heights and take the proper safety precautions to ensure that you do not fall.
Here in Wisconsin, Green Bay Packer fans mourned the loss of Packer great Max McGee. McGee was up on his roof with a leaf blower cleaning out his own gutters when he fell to his death. Like many Wisconsinites, McGee was taking initiative and doing the job himself. Just remember, that although Wisconsinites are a hearty stock and we pride ourselves on being able to take care of things without the help of others, it just makes sense to bring in the professionals at times.